Running with our dogs is one of our favorite outdoor activities. And what’s better than enjoying our running and jogging with our dogs but freehand. Isn’t the thought itself reliving? You can go for all your outdoor activities enjoying the company of your dog but never forget a dog leash. This will help you keep your dog close to you yet not close so that you both can keep a track of each other and enjoy each other’s company as well.
But before you decide on which jogging dog leash you should buy for your dog, here is something that you need to know. First and foremost you should be aware of the benefits of the hands-free jogging dog leash.
Benefits of Hands-free jogging dog leash
Running and jogging hands-free has several advantages
- You need not modify your gait for the dog. It means you can run and jog maintaining your normal gait. It’s always difficult to hold something in your hands and run. And if it’s your pet it becomes more difficult. This is the reason why hands-free jogging dog leashes are preferred by dog owners.
- A hands-free jogging dog leash also helps in avoiding injuries. You can easily eliminate the risks of shoulder and back injuries by using a wait-banded leash. The bungee present in these types of leashes acts as a shock absorber when your dog suddenly tries to pull off because you never know when your dog will go insanely excited.
- You no longer have to keep tugging your dog to keep pace with you. Using the jogging dog leash you can keep your hands free that was earlier engaged in adjusting the leash in your hands and was. It is one of the most annoying things. Not just that it is annoying, it’s also confusing for your dog whom you have taught pressure release for a loose leash.
- It allows the dog owners to freely balance using their hands. It helps in maintaining a proper balance when out for hiking on terrain with your dog.
Now that you are aware of the benefits of the jogging dog leash, you should also the different types of freehand style dog leashes
Different freehand style dog leashes
If you aren’t aware of the different types of freehand style jogging dog leashes, this article will be of great help to you. Some different styles and combinations are easily available online or in any pet accessories shop. Here are some of the famous common types
- Dog leashes with a combination of a waistband and a bungee.
- Collar dog Leashes
- Bungee dog leashes
Things that you need to consider when buying a leash for your dog
- It should be comfortable for both your dog as well as for you.
- It should be adjustable.
- It should have a strong bungee.
- The bungee should not be too much.
This is all you need to know about the jogging dog leash. This is one of the best types of leashes that is good for you as well as your dog.